Monday, May 10, 2010

Whooooey! Rebekah + Phil Get Hitched



A couple teasers to fill some space until I get to the core of editing the western-themed wedding I shot last weekend. I also want to reflect on what a wonderful experience the wedding was.....

Every time I post here, I talk up the weddings I shoot and the brides and grooms who come together in front of family and friends to take their vows. I touch on how wonderful they are, and really though, I mean it. I've been blessed beyond measure to work with honest-to-goodness heart, down-to-earth, kind people. Saturday, May 8th was another one of those days.

Rebekah and Phil are two beautiful, light-filled people. I had met with only Rebekah before the wedding, and when I saw her husband-to-be, Phil, in his dress blues in the church before the wedding, I knew this was gonna be a goooood wedding! Phil is a US Marine, which brought this experience to a personal level, as I am the daughter of a proud US Marine and dated a Midshipman at the Naval Academy when I was in college. The military really hits home for me. I really enjoyed myself and thanked Phil for his service to our country after the wedding.

The ceremony was beyond anything I'd ever witnessed as a guest or as a photographer at weddings I've attended before. The message from the officiant, Phil's brother, was so authentic, eloquent, and so beautifully brought to life in front of the attendees. It was a message from the heart. And although I was focused on capturing all the right moments, I couldn't help but overhear the ceremony. Truly, it was like poetry, and I even almost got teary-eyed.

Thank you, Rebekah and Phil, for having me capture your special day. You truly blessed me with an incredible experience.

~C

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see the other pics! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Lindsey! Glad ya checked in! :)

    ReplyDelete