
I laughed out loud when I took a look at this image. I was going through the digital roll I shot, editing for blurs, closed eyes, over exposures, and then I came upon this. I laugh because it reminded me of the comedic circumstances of taking a stellar photo with a stellar backdrop (unseen this in frame) while the wind howled through the venue and the people just not looking quite right. It reminds me of the website devoted to awkward family photos too, and it tickles me because of the special occasion that this was and how funny the portraits would have turned out. They would have been preserved forever: pictures of people with hair blowing in all directions, faces peeled back by the wind, eyes squinting against the mighty breeze, and skirts/jackets sucked to each body. Mmmm... nothing says "Good times; we're happy and thrilled we just got married; we're so in love, this is so elegant," like a wind tunnel moving through your portrait. Once you see the other photos of the bride, you'll see how dramatic the wind was blowing--her hair looked nothing like this here, when walking down the isle.
Hilarity. We chose to move inside.
Needless to say, this will not be making it into the album.
Christine
quit teasin! i wanna see some awesome pics! :)
ReplyDeleteAh, haha! By next weekend, girl! :)
ReplyDelete